Our Dance Captain program encourages responsibility and respect. This program is designed to maintain a calm and functional environment at rehearsals and performances. Students from each casting group that express leadership qualities may be asked to serve as Dance Captains, and accepted the following responsibilities:
- Attend the Dance Captain training meeting and all scheduled rehearsals & performances
- Lead morning warm-ups when asked
- Keep their group together at all times, during rehearsals and performances, and when walking between backstage and the wings
- Listen for cues from the Stage Manager or Backstage Managers and respond accordingly
- If someone in their group has an issue, notify an adult and respond accordingly
- Keep their groups calm & quiet and keep up morale
- Be a positive role model and leader!
As rehearsals progress, the groups will learn to look to the Dance Captains for guidance and direction. If a Dance Captain witnesses someone in their group exerting any of our focused character qualities, they may nominate their fellow actor(s) for a Gold Star at the end of rehearsals. The four character qualities are:
- Be Kind (showing kindness and gratitude to others and joyfully working as a team)
- Be Courageous (taking initiative to do what is right and staying positive and patient without complaint)
- Be Thoughtful (being responsible to know and do what is expected without being asked)
- There’s no place like home (exuding qualities that strengthen our LHE community)
We thank our Dance Captains, in advance, for their efforts in helping to make this a wonderful experience for everyone!
Please refer to the Calendar for dates/times for the training meeting. Dance Captains are noted with an asterisk on the Company Posting and will be highlighted in the program for their efforts.